Thursday

Heatwave

During my time in the town of Bishop a heat wave caused flooding in the surrounding area.
I took a bus North to South Lake Tahoe. Then started walking North through Desolation Wilderness. This picture is Aloha Lake mostly covered with ice just a small opening to get water from. I found a patch of Earth to put my tent on.
I spent most of my time alone in Desolation Wilderness .  The trails were mostly covered with snow and I had no one but myself to rely on for navigation . The first couple of days were difficult . When the trail is covered with snow and Ice, it's not always the safest route. it's important to know your target destination and find the safest way there .  Traversing Mountainside switchbacks that are covered with ice and snow is dangerous 

No comments:

Post a Comment