Thursday

 
Thursday Jan 12 warm night for mid-January 46 degrees. Hiking Rand tract bird sanctuary. Onondaga Hill's east facing slope. The Valley Cemetery parking area is within the Syracuse city limits at about 450 feet above sea level. Mark picks points along the ridge to climb to approaching 770 feet at the highest point. We Traverse this Ridge to accumulate maximum elevation gain. I always use quick dry T-shirt as a base layer. for this hike I used a 250 gram Merino SmartWool long sleeve sweater 3/4 zip. a gortex rain shell. Nylon quick dry trousers. SmartWool socks. Midway aggressive sole hiking shoe. Xtra flease in the pack for break time.The buff is the headgear I'm wearing in the picture above, it is a critical piece of my gear that I don't leave home without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment