Saturday

Thursday night hike


Syracuse University South Campus Trails  were bare of snow in parts ,but the snow that hadn't melted was tightly packed and covered with ice. none of us chose to use snowshoes or crampons.But we should have .As the sun went down the snow came down hiding the black ice beneath our feet. The temperature was in the teens and the Earth was hard as granite.Mark fell on the ice and landed on his arm. We watched him march on like nothing happened. I remember just last season he had surgery on that arm after a skiing accident. Mark is a tough son-of-a-gun. When Keith hit the ice knee 1st the sound was deafening. I watched him limp when he first got up but he soon put that behind him. I fell more than once today . The worst was thankfully in sight of the cars . My pedometer said I was halfway through my 24th mile for the day .started hiking this morning before work and and continued immediately after work finishing up Around 9Pm. I plan on taking it easy a couple of days I hurt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment