Tuesday

Dangerously hot climate

 The desert is beautiful, but so dry.
I was dropped off at the Mexican border in Campo California Saturday April 22nd at 6 a.m. it was also the hottest day of the year for  this area I walked 15 miles to Hauser Creek before noon. I left the border with 4 full liters of water . I'm glad the creek had water because the next known water source after Houser Creek was in Lake Morena County Park which was a 5-mile push-up a 1200 foot elevation gain on a south facing Rocky slope. I stayed the night at Hauser Creek. At 3 a.m. I harvested 2 liters of water from the creek and Hike the five miles. It was a cold hike with no sun Just Like Home in Syracuse. I loved it. I could do this all day, except in the desert I could do this all night

2 comments:

  1. I could go for some desert right now!
    It's just getting greenish back here.
    Been visiting Ithaca area waterfalls.
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete