Tuesday

Kennedy Meadow

Kennedy Meadow is like a birthday party for everyone. As you first approached the General Store everyone cheers you on to celebrate your arrival. Everyone in the trail Community is your family, and they are proud to see that you have made it this far. Next you pick up your packages. The next stage of your life, on this Trail will be very different and you will need a new set of toys.
Then you eat cake. At the Grumpy Bear Restaurant they serve pancakes that are the size of a large pizza. I was the first at the bar to finish my entire breakfast and I received a round of applause as though I just blew out candles on my birthday cake. The last seven hundred miles of desert seemed harsh at the time. But it was Child's Play compared  to the adult life that awaits us in the Sierra Wilderness Area.


No comments:

Post a Comment