Friday

Fuel the body

Thursday May 11th. I take my time packing up my Silverwood Lake campsite.Just  50 miles until the summit of mount baden-powell. If the land was flat that would be an easy 2-day hike.Add 6000 feet of elevation gain and it's a three-day hike .
I tried to finish my pizza  for  breakfast.I  have no appetite. In 10 miles I'll be at Cajon Pass with a convenience store, McDonald's, Del Taco and Subway. Whenever there is a food venue less than 1 mile from the trail, you must take that opportunity to fill your bodies fuel tank. The two hamburgers and large bucket of sugar water that I consumed at McDonald's was resources that I did not have to carry on my back for 10 miles. As I gained elevation the ridge walks become more frightening and the opportunity for sheltered tent space becomes less frequent. I put up my tent in a wash out among rocks and poison ivy. I slept like a baby literally curled up in fetal position. I am a small person it's easy to leave no Trace when your entire body footprint is so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment