Friday

Wednesday 4-26

on Trail before sunup hiked 13 miles to scissors Crossing Highway 78 before 10 a.m. mostly downhill. Under the highway bridge I met Trail angel Ed. He had water for dry hikers. Another Trail Angel ( Brew Hiker) offered rides into the town of Julian 12 miles away. Julian is another hiker friendly town with full resupply services and free slice of pie at Mom's pies. After picking up much needed protein and calories
I stuck out my thumb on Route 78 just passed the post office. was picked up by a retired fireman and  back under the bridge before 1 p.m. at 5 p.m. it was still very hot and the sun was relentless. I was anxious for more miles so I started climbing slowly up the San Felipe Valley . I set up my tent just before the sun went down and slept the sleep of the Angels. 18 miles for the day good enough

No comments:

Post a Comment