Saturday

Warners to. Tule canyon

Tule canyon
The trail Leaving Warner is livestock grazing pasture. We must open and close large pipe gates to keep the cows penned in. I have no experience herding cattle. When these enormous creatures block my path, I spoke to them the same way I would anyone else." Pardon Me Miss, I'm hiking the Trail, I'd just like to get past you if you don't mind" when that didn't work I automatically began talking like a cowboy in a movie. Sternly and with confidence" let's go move along bossy" that worked perfectly. After several miles of flat land we start climbing from just below 3000 feet to almost 6,000 within 15 miles. 20 miles into the day I knew we were dropping in elevation to about 3500 Within a 8 mile span. I was dog-tired but downhill doesn't usually hurt my knees in fact I'm good at it. I filled up my water bottles at Trail Angel Mike's and began a Free Run to Tule Canyon.28 tough miles that day . I am proud

No comments:

Post a Comment